Cleaning The Dance Floor
PACIFIC FLOOR CLEAN
A waterborne, environmentally responsible cleaner specially formulated to clean all polyurethane finished wood floors, factory pre-finished no-wax floors, vinyl or tile floors without dulling the finish or leaving any residue. Bona Pacific Floor Clean is in a concentrated form, to be diluted with water according to directions.
· Formulated for use with Bona waterborne or solvent-based urethane finishes, and other waterborne or solvent-based urethane and maintenance coatings
· For deep cleaning and periodic maintenance
· For spot cleaning of food spills and other stains
· Leaves no oily residue
· PH neutral
· All types of residential and commercial wood, vinyl and tile floors
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
BEFORE USING, READ ALL DIRECTIONS AND MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET #10017FOR THIS PRODUCT.
FOR REGULAR MAINTENANCE:
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING.
IMPORTANT NEVER POUR THE CLEANER DIRECTLY ONTO THE FLOOR.
The frequency with which you clean your floor with BONA PACIFIC FLOOR CLEAN depends upon the amount of traffic and degree of usage. For commercial locations, best results for extending the life of your hardwood floor can be achieved with either a daily or every second day cleaning.
1. Thoroughly sweep or vacuum the entire floor surface. When vacuuming, be sure to use an attachment that will not scratch the surface. If walk-off mats are used, be sure to vacuum them to maximize their dirt and grit-trapping ability.
2. Dilute 1 part of BONA PACIFIC FLOOR CLEAN in 8 parts water.
3. To apply in small areas, use the Bona Mop from your WoodFloorWipe brand Hardwood Floor Cleaning Kit. Lightly mist an 8'x 8' area of your floor, or directly mist the Bona Mop terry cloth cover. Using a back and forth motion, clean the floor surface with your Bona Mop. Finish
one area before moving on the next.
4. For application in larger areas, a white polishing pad and 150-175 RPM buffer may be used. Lightly mist the floor with BONA PACIFIC FLOOR CLEAN. Periodically clean or replace the cotton cover (if using the Bona Mop) or white pad(for the buffer) to be sure that you remove the dirt from the floor surface. Continued use of soiled covers or pads will cause streaking.
5. IMPORTANT! MAKE SURE ALL RESIDUE FROM THE WHITE PAD BUFFING/ CLEANING PROCEDURE IS REMOVEDFROM FLOOR SURFACE BY IMMEDIATELY TACKING WITH WATER-DAMPENED, WELL-WRUNG -OUT COTTON TOWELS.
FOR DEEP CLEANING
1. Dilute 1 part BONA PACIFIC FLOOR CLEAN in 5 parts water
2. Follow directions as listed for Regular Maintenance using a white polishing pad and a 150-175 RPM buffer.
NOTE: Food and other spills should always be cleaned in a timely manner (at least daily) using
BONA PACIFIC FLOOR CLEAN. Start at the normal daily dilution ratio (1:8) . For stubborn stains, lower dilution ratios may be used.
Clean all tools and equipment with water.
SPECIFICATIONS / PHYSICAL DATA:
Ingredients: Water, Dipropylene Glycol Monomethy, Ether, nonionic and anionic surfactants, chelating agent.
Color: Brilliant bluc solution (wet)
PH . 70 . 75
Drying Time 15-20 minutes
Density - 8.34 lbs. / gallon (1.0 S.G.)
Application Tools - Varies with task; see label
Packaging - 5- gallon plastic pail, 1 gallon plastic bottle
Odor - Non-offending
Flash Point - N/A
Solids - 2 %
Viscosity - ( #4 Ford cup @ 25 C ) 10 seconds
Clarity - Negligible residue (dry)
Stability - 1 year shelf life
Voc - N/A
Commercial Maintenance Procedure for Urethane Finished Hardwood Floors
1. Place proper walk-off mats in doorways to keep out dirt and grit.
2. Install floor protectors on the tables and chairs used on hardwood floors.
3. Avoid excess moisture from tracked in water, leaks or over-maintenance such as wet mopping.
Regular Cleaning Maintenance
The frequency with which you clean a commercial floor with PACIFIC FLOOR CLEAN depends upon the amount of traffic and degree of usage. For best results a daily or every second day cleaning
1. Sweep, dust mop ( with untreated mop only) or vacuum daily to remove dust, grit or other abrasive particles. NOTE: Only use PACIFIC FLOOR CLEAN CONCENTRATE diluted 1
Part cleaner to 8 parts water for dampening the dust mop heads. DO NOT USE ANY DUST MOP TREATMENTS. Replace soiled mop covers as necessary. Continued use of soiled covers will caused streaking. When Vacuuming, be sure to use an attachment that will not scratch the
2. Vacuum walk-off mats daily to maximize their dirt and grit trapping ability
3. Clean floor surface using a solution of 1 part PACIFIC FLOOR CLEAN CONCENTRRATE
in 8 parts water. In small areas use a BonaKemi WoodFloorWipe. Lightly mist an 8' x 8' area.
Using a back and forth motion, clean the floor surface with the WoodFloorWipe.
4. For larger areas, a white pad and a buffer (150-175 RPM ) may be used by lightly misting the floor with the diluted solution of PACIFIC FLOOR CLEAN.
IMPORTANT! NEVER POUR CLEANER DIRECTLY ONTO THE FLOOR.
5. Periodically clean or replace the cotton cover ( for WoodFloorWipe ) or white pad (for buffer) to be sure that you remove the dirt from the floor surface. Continued use of soiled covers or
pads will cause streaking.
6. IMPORTANT! MAKE SURE ALL RESIDUE FROM THE WHITE PAD BUFFING /
CLEANING PROCEDURE IS REMOVED FROM FLOOR SURFACE, BY IMMEDIATELY
TACKING WITH WATER- DAMPENED , WELL WRUNG- OUT COTTON TOWELS.
Deep Cleaning Maintenance
1. Clean floor surface using solution of 1 part PACIFIC FLOOR CLEAN CONCENTRATE
in 5 Parts water.
2. Follow directions as listed for Regular Cleaning Maintenance using a white pad and a buffer.
Note: Food and other spills should always be cleaned in a timely manner ( at least daily ) using
PACIFIC FLOOR CLEAN. Start at normal regular dilution ratios ( 1:8 ) . For stubborn stains,
higher dilution ratios may be used.
Deep Cleaning and Abrading Prior To Recoating
Should be done when the floor begins to show wear. Do not wait until the finish is worn off and the dirt and spills have a chance to penetrate to the wood.
1. Dilute 1 part PACIFIC FLOOR CLEAN CONCENTRATE to 5 parts water to be used as a spray
buff solution with a white pad and buffer.
2. Make sure all residue from the white pad buffing/cleaning procedure is removed from the floor
surface by immediately tacking the surface with water-dampened, well-wrung-out towels.
3. Abrade the floor surface using a Stavlies Maroon All Purpose Pad and Buffer.
4. Be sure to vacuum or sweep and tack thoroughly with water dampened, well-wrung-out cotton towels after abrading.
5. Apply a BonaKemi Finish per label instructions. Their formulas keep floors light, clean, and Clear-looking even after several recoats.
1. Do not wet mop floor. Excessive water causes wood to expand and may possibly damage the flooring. Finishes are to protect the surface of the wood and are not waterproofing product.
2. Do not use water or PACIFIC FLOOR CLEAN for at least 7 days or until the floor is
Thoroughly cured after the final coat of finish is applied.
3. Do not put plastic over newly finished floors as it may interfere with the curing process.
4. Do not use any wax or wax products. Once you wax a floor, it is very difficult to recoat.
5. Do not use dust mop treatment as they may interfere with recoating.